Everything Christmas {Before Actual Christmas}

Like in good old Cook fashion, our house was filled with sickness prior and over Christmas - it is like a new tradition that has lasted for the last five years.  Without fail someone of (two) have been sick.

Thank goodness I have lowered some of my standards, and also said no to the hustle so it was near as stressful to just check out, be home, and get well.

We had a few flurries a little while ago, and of course my kids were over the moon - they headed outside to stand in the flurries half way through breakfast.  I can't wait for the day we can be somewhere with legit snow, because they will go wild for it.

 **






We decorated our gingerbread houses.  This is one of our favorite things to do - all though now that my kids have figured out you can actually eat the candy that you use to decorate, it is a whole other story.

You can also tell who is super into crafty and creative stuff, and who is not.  Ian is super plain and simple, let's get it done as simple as possible, and Hayleigh on the other hand need all the flare.

I love that they are best friends, even though they are they such extremely opposite personalities.

















Before we were totally overwhelmed and consumed with severe sickness, we were able to make it to see Santa. One of the few things I love about our small town is the santa at the lightshow.  What makes it better is it is only a block away from our house, it is free, it the high light of the kids Christmas traditions, and I get my annual santa picture (for free) and with no tears.




The rest of our December was super duper low key.  Ian was the worse off, so we didn't do our regular night before Christmas festivities.  We just kept it simple, we had our hot chocolate pancakes for dinner, got new Christmas jammies, and then instead of hot cocoa, the light show, and movies - we just went to bed with the hopes that we will all be able to actually enjoy our Christmas morning.

One of these days I will have to share this hot chocolate pancake recipe, because it the most delicious pancake recipe ever, and it never ever fails to impress everyone.  It is also one for my favorite things to make once a year, stirring the beautiful chocolaty batter, Christmas tunes blaring, little feet under my feet - it is pure bliss.




One of my favorite things to do is to take the time and find Christmas jammies for my kids.  I love putting a bow on it for them to open on Christmas eve.  Our family loves us a good pair of pajamas.



I am also super thrilled that I am getting the credit, and that my love for a good cup of hot chocolate is known.

I will be sharing our actual Christmas soon....

The kids are finally on the mend, we are currently in Oklahoma City, and having a blast.

Happy Thursday!

No comments