Fall Fun: Corn Maze

It is that time of the year again, fall! One of my favorites, and this year we have actually had a fall (super rare here in West Texas.)  We have been missing out on all the fall baked goodies - thanks to my broken oven, it is pure torture.

We did make a trip down to the Corn Maze.  We do this every year, on their homeschool day, and it is one of our favorite little traditions now.

This year also actually went with our local homeschool group, in the past all the kids were much much older then my kids, so it made a little weird - but now we have a pretty awesome size of kids all around the same age, and that makes it a ton of fun.

I seriously never in my wildest dreams that homeschooling would so much fun, and so rewarding.





















As usual the corn maze was a ton of fun, this year we did it a little bit different though, we went in as a group, and it was a little chaotic with a ton of moving pieces (and kids to keep track of) but my kids loved being able to figure it all out with little friends at their side, and it was kind of fun to watch.

It is even more fun now that both kids can read (Hayleigh is in the beginner stages - but still) and I love their problem solving skills.

It was just so much fun.

This is Becket, he was totally obsessed with Ian :)






 
We went in a second time, and did the fairy tale route as well, just get a couple of extra pictures of my kids ;)








And feeding the goats is always a hit with Hayleigh - they were just as cute as ever.

 We went to the little pumpkin patch again, and just picked out tiny pumpkins to paint, because pumpkin carving is just not my thing - to much work, and to messy....

The little tractor ride is always a favorite of the kids, they look forward to it every year.  They would have seriously loved my grandparents farm.







This is Brinley, Haleigh's friend.

Lunch is always at one of our favorite diners, when we are in this area.

 It was a super fun and loooong day, because the other part is of this story is we ended up "loosing" our key fob for our car on the way back, and we were stranded for several hours.  Nate's parents ended up driving several hours after work to bring us our spare key.

Lone and behold a week or so later, we ended up finding the key fob in the car door, the car didn't detect the fib because the key was out of batteries - so moral of the story - check your key fob's battery ;)

****

It was a nice of pace to have a little community to join in the fun.

Days like this, just encourages our dream, to get the heck out of here, and head for the live that we dream of living - the adventures.

Fall is always a mini restart for me, this year I am a lagging a bit - I think once my oven is fixed, I will be in the game!
Happy fall!


No comments