Driving Into Arizona

We headed out earlish the next morning to get to our final destination sooner then later.  Of course first on the agenda was breakfast...

By now everyone knows that I love food, all food, local food, new food, hippie food, you just name it.

I stumbled onto this super cute little cafe, that serves whole, local, non-gmo, and some organic food - so naturally I had to check it out... I am so glad we did - it was seriously amazing.



The whole family enjoyed it - and right now I am sitting here and all I can think about is green chili jam.  Who would have thought to turn this popular pepper into jam?  It blew my mind - like one of my life's mission is to try and recreate it.



We had a little drive to our final destination, but it was a nice drive with lots of navajo trading posts and signs as we entered Arizona.




As we got closer to Seligman where we would be staying, we exited of the interstate onto Historic Route 66 for a bit - it is actually such a fun drive (we did this several times throughout our stay in Arizona.)

We decided to explore the little town of Winslow, Arizona.  It is one of my favorite Route 66 towns.




We had a fun time exploring this little town (it's really little) - and it doesn't take long to walk through - perfect stop to stretch legs after a few hours in the car.







We also enjoyed the tribute to the Eagles song that mentions the town.







One of my favorite thing about Route 66 is the "old-fashioned" diners and soda shops.  We don't really drink soda at all but on trips like this we do tend to try some of the local favorites.

We really enjoyed Sipp Shoppe and it is right across the street from the little memorial - basically in the dead center of town.





We also enjoyed one of the best milkshakes ever...



  It was the perfect stopping point for the rest if our trek to the cabin.

I found this awesome little cabin on VBRO - and I am so happy I did.  It was simply fabulous (a little bit away from everything) but so peaceful and serene.




The inside is just adorable, and it suited our family and our needs perfectly - the kids even mentioned that they wished we could life in a tiny cabin forever ;)





We actually spend a bunch of time here due to rain.

The resident cats where the sweetest and it made me miss my Millie cat so much.


We pretty much tried to end a few days on the back porch with a glass of wine, while the kids explored.


This is one of my three favorite vacations rentals we have stayed in to date.  Italy of course tops everything ;)

Since it was monsoon season in the area (I didn't really click when planning this trip) - a few of our activities rained out, and there were even a bunch of flash floods in the area.

I caused great excitement around the cabin, when the generally drier surroundings all of a sudden formed a little river.













We had this epic rainbow after one of the storms - I have never seen anything like this before.






This post is a little all over the place....

Due to the two hour time change between Arizona an Texas, we basically gained time, and I loved how our mornings we super slow - sipping on coffee and tea on the patio, watching the sunrise.



The kids of course explored from sun up to to sun down... lots of critters to be found.



 I also loved the little personal touch to the cabin - flowers.  Yes, we could not help ourselves.



It was the perfect little get away - so much so that we are game to move to the area and rent out our own little cabin ;)

There is still so much beauty and adventure to share.

Stay tuned!

Happy Friday!

No comments